Home Application, Abstract, Grant » Applications
Application and selection criteria
The total number of participants is limited to 24.
A preference will be applied to Ph.D. students and young scientists. Applications from senior scientists with preliminary practice in one of the methods and who want to extend their competence fields in area of biomolecular interactions are also welcome.
Selection will be based on scientific interest and motivation (description of how the course would help the applicant in its projects/career). Care will be taken to ensure equal opportunities with regard to gender, disability and geographical balance in all participants of the course (young scientists, CEE countries and women will be prioritized).
How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 30th 2019
1. Go thought the Registration procedure via the Registration/login portal on this event website. Answer all the questions and fields regarding your details.
2. During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf, zip and rar) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- a short CV/Resume (max 2 pages) containing your name, lab address, PI/lab head/supervisors details, experiences, diploma and short list of relevant publications,
- a cover/motivation letter (1 page) summarizing your research interest and the reasons for participating at the workshop,
- a recommendation letter of your PI/supervisor/lab head except for senior scientists,
- a short letter describing your intention to apply to FEBS YTF Awards or HyThaBio/COST grant,
- Download, complete and return the following questionnaire for participants (click here to download)
For applicants to FEBS Youth Travel Fund Awards (see Grants section), you must also include the following documents:
- a proof or your age (under 35 - i.e: copy of ID or passport)
- a proof of your Ph.D. status at an institute of higher learning or of your postdoctoral status (within five years of having completed a PhD thesis), working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society
- a valide certificate of membership of a FEBS Constituent Society.
3. Submit an abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal.
Abstract submission is optional but highly recommended for selection to the course and networking at the event.
Abstract submission is mandatory for application for travel grants. See the Abstracts section of the website for more details.
When you complete an order you will receive an 'order received e-mail' with full instructions on how to proceed with your application and a copy of the order in PDF.
You will be notifiied of the outcome of your application and grant attibution by November 15th 2019.
Registration fees & Paiement
Accepted applicants will then pay the relevant registration fee as set out in the table below, by January 5th 2020.
More details on registration fee paiement will be included in your outcome notification, and key points are also given in the terms and conditions
|Academic (meals & accommodation included)||350,00 €|
|Non-academic / industry participants (no accommodation)||700,00 €|
|Invited speaker & tutor||0,00 €|
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer, and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
The registration fee for regular participants covers:
- Access to all scientific programme sessions
- Meals and refreshments at lunch and breaks at the venue, social events and dinners indicated in the event schedule
- Accommodation at shared room in EPN guest house close to the course venue
- Local transportation
- Name badge, printed materials and certificate of attendance
Travel costs are not covered by the registration fee.
The registration fee for non-academic/industry participants covers the same as set out above, except accommodations.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer; details will be included in your outcome notification email.
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to email@example.com. For cancellation requests received on or before January 5th 2020, the full payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after January 5th 2020, the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made.
You should seek and follow the advice of your government before registering and booking travel for the event and before travelling to the event. You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel for the course.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The course organizers reserve the right to modify the event programme, which is published as an indication only.
In the event of cancellation of the event, at any time, as a result of any event of 'force majeure' or for other reasons that are beyond the control of the course organizers, the registration fee shall be refunded by the course organizers but neither the course organizers nor FEBS shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, financial losses, etc.
Disclaimer and ‘force majeure’
Neither the course organizers nor FEBS shall be responsible for any bodily injury/death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event, unless such damages are a direct result of the negligent or unlawful act or omission thereof.
In any event, neither the course ogranizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages in the event of bodily injury/death, property damage, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of ‘force majeure’. ‘Force majeure’ (or ‘Act of God’) reasons include but are not limited to: war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, health risks, fire and closure of airports or airspace.
Any legal dispute resulting from the accepted terms and conditions will be subject to the law of the France.
30 October 2019
30 October 2019